jueves, 14 de abril de 2016

AN OPEN LETTER


Origen: E.E.U.U., Texas
Formados: 2015
Estilo: Post-black
Temática: Emociones
Enlaces: Bandcamp y facebook
Miembros:
  • Eduardo Vazquez Guitarra
  • Ryan Smith Voces
  • Trevor Humphreys Resto de instrumentos
Discografía:
  • An Open Letter EP 2015
  • An Open Letter ​/ ​Sadness Split 2016
AN OPEN LETTER (2015)
Una banda todavía joven y con una corta trayectoria a sus espaldas no presenta su primer Ep de cuatro temas en donde lo más reseñable son las atmósferas repletas de distintas emociones que logran plasmar, sobre todo con una clara predilección por la melancolía y la tristeza. Hablamos de una banda joven ya que sus componentes rozan la adolescencia, pero esto no ha sido impedimento para que ejecuten de manera más que correcta, un black metal que se mueve entre elementos post y depresivos y que por momentos también se adentra en el shoegaze de manera brillante. Las canciones discurren por terrenos melancólicos y tristes de mano sobe todo de las guitarras muy evocadores, que en un segundo plano construyen y aportan la dosis justa de melancolía. Interesantes también los cambios de ritmo que rompen de manera abrupta con cierta línea continuista en la composiciones para aportar una embestida de potencia y violencia, sobre todo también de la mano de unas voces del todo agresivas en clara contraposición a la música. Más que interesante puesta de largo para una banda que irrumpe con paso firme en la escena. (8,3).


1. Coma 07:32
  Snow descending from the sky 

It touches my skin and it feels like flowers 
I get covered in white showers 
No escape from the demons wake 
Now I finally understand the feeling of loss 
When the one I loved so much gave my heart a toss. 
I hear words 
Not able to decipher 
I'm so cold 
Maybe I should've done what I was told 
Then I wouldn't be trapped in this never ending cycle.(never ending cycle) 



Snow descending from the sky 
It touches my skin and it feels like rain 
I get covered in white showers 
No escape from the demons wake 
Now I finally understand the feeling of loss 
When the one I loved so much gave my heart a toss. 
I hear words 
Not able to decipher 
I'm so cold 
Maybe I should've done what I was told 
Then I wouldn't be trapped in this cycle.
2. The Answer in Her Eyes 15:20
 Trickling off my fingers as I grazed her cheek. 
Covered the people 
Alone and meek. 
I sat there staring into her eyes. 
They were blinding, as if the rain were showing me her lies. 
They were blinding 
There's tragedy that comes with rain 
But more so, beauty. 
As the warm waters engulfed us 
I cherish what as become us. 
From roses growing 
To water lifting 
I see what the rain has become of us. 
Old and dried up. 
Just like the flowers bloom.(just like the flowers bloom) 
I sat there staring into her eyes. 
They were blinding, as if the rain were showing me her lies. There's tragedy that comes with rain. 
Trickling off my fingers as I grazed her cheek. 
Covered the people 
I sat there staring into her eyes. 
They were blinding, as if the rain were showing me her lies.
3. Something Better 01:51  instrumental
4. Reveal 08:14  
Seasons change 
And our hearts begin to race 
I wake up and smell the flowers 
The aroma is way too clear to chase. 
I see the signs that I pass up 
Knowing they're here to help me 
But when I see them they scare me 
Green lights are here to help guide me 
Back to my house where I 
Grew up 
Now I just feel more lonely 
These accidents never seem to rest 
And I've witnessed countless deaths 
All this irony surrounds me 
As I too think of what it's like 
On the other side. 

As long as my heart is still beating 
I know that I have meaning 
To someone out there 
Wondering how I am and 
Dreaming of when our nights were 
Long and happy 
Like I always wished they'd be 

Wake up it's the same routine 
Giving time to collect my thoughts 
Trying to give my life some meaning 
I think I'm ready to take my life by the hand 
And pass up the green light 
They mean nothing to me 
Nothing at all 
I've finally found some meaning. 
I chase the aroma that's been given to me 
See all the signs and stare back 
I've finally got a hold of myself 

As long as my heart is still beating 
I know that I have meaning 
To someone out there 
Like I always wished they'd be 
They'd be... 


I walk along this road 
Paving my way back home 
Not fearing of what's to come 
I've finally found my meaning(I'm not dreaming) 
At the green light 
At the green light 
Green lights 
Was there for me 
For me
  32:57








350 x gold (2LP)


Taste My Sword Of Understanding is the third offering of OPIUM WARLORDS, the final project of Sami Albert Hynninen (REVEREND BIZARRE, THE PURITAN, SPIRITUS MORTIS, ARMANENSCHAFT, AZRAEL RISING, THE CANDLES BURNING BLUE, KLV, TÄHTIPORTTI, MARCH 15 and ORNE).

In comparison to the earlier albums Live At Colonia Dignidad (Cobra, 2009), andWe Meditate Under The Pussy In The Sky (Svart, 2012), it takes a few steps towards more conventional and easy-to-listen-to levels, but still can’t be mistaken for the average force-fed background bubblegum hum you might hear on the radio.

Composed between 1994 and 2009, recorded in 2010, mixed in 2013 – ripened, literally, with blood, tears, sweat, and exotic neurochemical fluids – Taste My Sword Of Understanding is at the same time minimal and complicated, light and heavy; sometimes gentle and soothing, sometimes raw and cruel, but always real and naked, and this time you may find – among all the repetition, weird noises, and floating on the drone and ultra-light chimes – even some essence of epic Heavy Metal on board.

Opium Warlords on this album were: Sami Albert Hynninen, with Erkki Virta (PROTECTED ILLUSION, L.A.M.F., THE PURITAN) and Laura Länsimäki (MARIA, ARMANENSCHAFT).

The album was recorded and co-produced by Jouni Leppikangas and mastered by Joona Lukala, both of who also worked on We Meditate Under The Pussy In The Sky and MARCH 15 album Our Love Becomes A Funeral Pyre


HAZTE CON ÉL EN : BLACK METAL SPIRIT STORE O DISCOGS

No hay comentarios: